We often get enquiries from AAT students who are fully qualified or awaiting their level 4 results and are contemplating further study with ACCA or CIMA.
AAT itself is an excellent qualification but becoming a full chartered accountant opens up a whole extra world of opportunities including the potential to join the six figure earnings bracket!
Those who have gained AAT -whether recently or many years ago are at a distinct advantage and can fast track through to chartered qualification (with the help of a good training provider to guide them!)
5 reasons why AAT qualified should continue to ACCA or CIMA
1) Completing the AAT qualification exempts you from entire first stage of CIMA or ACCA exams meaning you are gaining chartered accountant status much quicker than others who are just starting out.
2) The AAT syllabus provides a perfect foundation for the technical aspects that you’ll learn in CIMA or ACCA studies. The core AAT subjects of budgeting and performance management are revisited again by both CIMA and ACCA modules. Those who opted for AAT Audit or Taxation options will also find they have at a strong advantage in their ACCA classes.
3) AAT provides discounted membership fees for those who want to progress to ACCA or CIMA. This means you can continue to use your MAAT letters and be an AAT member but at a reduced rate while you are studying further.
4) Both CIMA and ACCA have quite recently moved to computer based examinations -an assessment format that most AAT students are already at ease with.
5) CIMA and ACCA give you a chance to update your skills, advance the knowledge you already have and ensure you are staying relevant and moving upwards in your accountancy career.
It can seem a bit of a maze and also you may feel like you deserve a break following AAT completion - however the step up to chartered level is much easier the sooner you make it!
Please contact us at CSSC Tuition if you need further advice on accountancy qualifications: email@example.com
CSSC Tuition- Accountancy Training
Stoke on Trent – Staffordshire